If you can’t open documents on your android phone with filenames ending with “docx, doc, ppt, pptx, xls, xls” then probably you don’t have any office applications. Good thing is that Microsoft releases their own office productivity tools for free.
- From your Phone, go to Google Play Store
- Then search for “Microsoft Office”
- Look for “Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint” from the result and tap it.
- Tap “Install” to start downloading it. The size of app was 96Mb and it will take 1-10mins to finished downloading.
- Once installed, Open the App then it will prompt for “Allow Office to access photos, media, and files to your device“. Just tap “Allow“
- Tap “Get Started“.
- Tap “Get Started” again..
- Tap “Next“.
- Tap for “Accept and Don’t Send Optional Data“.
- Tap for “Close”
- The Dashboard of Microsoft Office will show:
Take a try to open a file
- Go to your File Manager or Downloads
- Then Open the file (.docx file for example)
- Then you can now view the content of file